Members of the Society are entitled to the following benefits
- Subscription to the journal Social History of Medicine with four issues per year.
- Access to the full online archive of Social History of Medicine. You just have to register and activate your subscription by going to http://www.oxfordjournals.org/register and registering as a new user by using your subscriber number which you will find printed on the packaging of the print copy of the journal.
- The Gazette with reports and information about professional events within as well as outside the Society.
- Conference Funding The Society for the Social History of Medicine awards financial assistance for conferences and workshops on the history of medicine. The applicant must be a member of the Society for the Social History of Medicine at the time of application.
- Reduced registration fees at SSHM conferences.
- Some bursaries are available for student members on request.
- The Society awards The Roy Porter Student Essay Prize of £500 every year to the best student essay submitted to a competition reserved for student members of the Society.
- 30 per cent reduction off the price of books published in the Society’s Routledge series (Studies in the Social History of Medicine). Download a Routledge Order Form for Members of the Society (PDF-file).
- 20 per cent discount on Oxford University Press books. Further details of the full range of titles available, and to order at these discounted prices.
- 20 per cent reduction at Johns Hopkins University Press on:
- 25 per cent reduction off the price of selected recent Boydell & Brewer publications. For details and how to order, click here.
For the special benefits of membership to student and ECR members, please click here.
You can join here!