Members of the Society are entitled to the following benefits
- Subscription to the journal Social History of Medicine with four issues per year.
- Access to the full online archive of Social History of Medicine. You just have to register and activate your subscription by going to http://www.oxfordjournals.org/register and registering as a new user by using your subscriber number which you will find printed on the packaging of the print copy of the journal.
- The Gazette with reports and information about professional events within as well as outside the Society.
- Conference Funding The Society for the Social History of Medicine awards financial assistance for conferences and workshops on the history of medicine. The applicant must be a member of the Society for the Social History of Medicine at the time of application.
- Reduced registration fees at SSHM conferences.
- Some bursaries are available for student members on request.
- The Society awards The Roy Porter Student Essay Prize of £500 every year to the best student essay submitted to a competition reserved for student members of the Society.
- 30 per cent reduction off the price of books published in the Society’s Manchester University Press book series (Social Histories of Medicine). You can find the discount code in your members’ Gazette.
- 30 per cent reduction off the price of books published in the Society’s Routledge series (Studies in the Social History of Medicine).
- 20 per cent discount on Oxford University Press books. Further details of the full range of titles available, and to order at these discounted prices.
- 20 per cent reduction at Johns Hopkins University Press on:
- 25 per cent reduction off the price of selected recent Boydell & Brewer publications. For details and how to order, click here.
For the special benefits of membership to student and ECR members, please click here.
You can join here!