London Metropolitan Archives, 40 Northampton Road, London EC1R 0HB
Friday 28 April 2017
FREE – Booking Essential (Lunch is provided)
The event is relevant for people starting their research (undergraduate or postgraduate) or those wanting to explore new routes into academic or historical explorations
Researching hospital records offers opportunities and presents challenges. Records from the Royal Free Hospital will provide a main focus for the event, alongside other related material from the London Metropolitan Archives (LMA) collections.
There will also be the opportunity to share research ideas, exchange information and network with others researching a range of topics relating to hospital records.
12.30 – 2pm. Registration and Welcome
- Networking Lunch
- Behind the Scenes Tour – an introduction to the archive and its work
- Document / Collection Viewing – a chance to see and discuss original materials
2pm. Presentations and Open Forum: Accessing and Using Archive Collections
LMA staff will:
- Introduce the range and type of collections held on site
- Discuss ways of working with sensitive and challenging material
- Open up ideas about how Royal Free Hospital record collections have been used to engage and inform the public
3.45pm. Workshop and Knowledge Share
This practical session will provide participants with an opportunity to discuss, plan and share current research or project work, discuss new proposals and consider the potential of partnership working.
4.20pm Final Round Up
Funded by The Wellcome Trust